The Library Committee provides three separate lists, alphabetized by book title, author or technique to help with locating an item in the library. Print copies of the lists are available at the library entrance. Or you can view and/or download and print a copy of the current list of library resources from the links below:
Have you seen any new books that you want in our library? Just let one of the Library Committee Members know and they will check into it.
About the Library
The of library collection consists of approximately 320 books. This year there is more space available in the library, as some material has been moved to the archives. Books are listed by title, and author. Download the current list of library resources.
HOW TO USE THE GUILD LIBRARY...
The Prairie Piecemakers Quilters' Guild is fortunate to have a well stocked library of both books and magazines. Higher on this page is a List of the books we have sorted by title as well as by author. The Library is open starting 6:15 p.m. on Guild Meeting nights. If you have titles you wish us to obtain, please contact one of the Library Committee during a meeting with your suggestion.
For new members and members who may be new to the Guild Library, the following information will be helpful:
- The Library is located in the basement of Whitmore Park United Church. Go to the right at the bottom of the first set of stairs, then down the second stairway to the library room.
- The Library is open at each Guild meeting from 6:15 – 7:00 PM and during the coffee break.
- An updated list of library books and resources (to September 2017) is available for download from the guild website. Library committee members are situated at the check-out table with print copies of the list and are ready to help you find a book.
- If the book/magazine you wish to borrow has already been taken out you can put a hold on that item for the next month. Enter your request in the red binder located on the library check-out desk and the item will be kept for you when it is returned the following month.
- If you want to borrow a popular book, ask one of the librarians to put your name on the waiting list in the ‘Hold’ book at the check-out table.
- Show your current membership card to borrow up to three library items. Please return these after one month (at the next meeting) so they will be available for other members. You may check out the item(s) again if there are no requested ‘holds’ for it.