Setting 2018 Goals
I am seeing quilt designers publish their goals in several of the blogs I follow. I am seeing consistency in their 2018 goals.
- improve on XXX above last/previous years,ie. complete more UFOs, buy less fabric
- Finish 1 or 2 projects that have been sitting for a while
- Tackle a project that is labour intensive
- Learn a new technique ie. hexagons, paper piecing. A mini quilt may be a geat way to start.
- Make a charity project like a fidget square for Alzheimer's patients, or quilt for neo-natal unit.
- Take a class, learn something new and meet people. eg. participate in a Sew along, Block of the month
- Try something out of your comfort zone, eg. enter a quilt show, bright patterned fabric when you normally buy neutrals
- Write down your goals with realistic quantities,ie. Finish 3 UFOs and 6 new quilts this year.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself
Here are a couple of quilter's goals with terrific pictures:
Set and track goals using a quilt planner organizer: Quilting Jetgirl